Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Exam Stress Kit

This summer I am in tutoring for the ACT/SAT exams. Our plan is to get my goal score on the ACT when I take it in September and after that work on my SAT. We are trying to focus on one at a time and since majority of the schools I want to go to are on the East cost, they looking at your SAT more than ACT. While my sister is doing the ACT this summer and the SAT plus subject tests during the school year because she wants to go to an academy and they might want them. On top of that my school schedule next year will be hectic, its not locked in yet so when it is there will be a 'personal' post on it. I have found some things I help me, and some that don't help me but they help others, so here they are.

photo: http://tiny.cc/b9taf

The best eraser around, the Pentel Hi-Polymer Eraser, it literally goes everywhere with me.

Photo: http://tiny.cc/yy61g
The best pencils. I only use the pinks ones. You can only buy the pink ones in October, so stock up.

Photo: http://tiny.cc/ti4fe

It really works!

Photo: http://tiny.cc/048yq
Amazing!

Photo: http://tiny.cc/od0xy
Gotta get caffeine one way

Photo: http://tiny.cc/6nibc
When you get so frustrated and need a break.


Here are some other tips:
- Read online articles, they can help sometime
- Take up a sport, as you all know, I play field hockey and a great way to get rid of stress. If you don't want to play for a team because I takes to much time, just go outside of a run or hit a soccer ball around. Take a break
- Be confident, if you studied for hours and you think you know everything, just say to yourself "I have done everything I can, now relax" (this is my hardest one to do)
- Tweet me or email me. If I have time, I have no problem helping you or giving you advice. I am not a professional or anything like it, but sometimes it helps talking to someone that is going through the same thing you are.
- Soak it up. When you have free time, take advantage of it! You are young and free! HAVE FUN!!!

Here are some quotes that can help you do better, I hope:

Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.  -Les Brown

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.  -Author Unknown

You must have long-range goals to keep you from being frustrated by short-range failures.  -Charles C. Noble

Don't live down to expectations.  Go out there and do something remarkable.  -Wendy Wasserstein

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Seuss

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.  -Henry S. Haskins

Promise yourself to live your life as a revolution and not just a process of evolution.  -Anthony J. D'Angelo

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.  -Pablo Picasso

What we are is God's gift to us.  What we become is our gift to God.  -Eleanor Powell

People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.  -Elisabeth K├╝bler-Ross

Don't let anyone steal your dream.  It's your dream, not theirs.  -Dan Zadra

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
-Author Unknown

Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.  -Buddha

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. " Henry J. Kaiser

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers." -Alfred Lord Tennyson

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." -Thomas Paine

"There is no substitute for hard work. " -Thomas A. Edison

"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds."-Gordon B. Hinckley

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. "-Walt Disney

 "Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other." Walter Elliot

"If you want to conquer fear, don't sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy." -Dale Carnegie

"The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it." -William James

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's only the scenery you miss by going to fast, but also where you are going and why. -Unknown Author

"Be brave and ask for internships anywhere you've dreamed of working. You never know who will say yes." - Aoife wasser


I hope this helped. My links are always in the side bar if you want to email or tweet me!


XOXO
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment