Thursday, August 4, 2011

Personal: School Schedule [before Revision]

On twitter the other day, if you remember, I said one of the worst things that could ever happen, I have a problem with my school schedule. Now usually this wouldn't be a huge problem, but this time it was. It is a big problem this time because she selecting our schedules in April my mom and I fought over my schedule for a hour, when I just gave in. Then, yesterday, I got an email saying that there was a conflict and that I needed to be at school on August 15th to get it resolved. Not that big of a deal until I remember that my  mom was going to be out of town and taking my sister back to college on August 15th. So I emailed our lady in charge of Academic Affairs and she said that I could email my counselor that try to work out. This morning I emailed my counselor and waiting for her to email me back. Anyway, here is my schedule before revisions and to give you a taste of what I am in for in year (eek!).

Semester 1:
Off(no class for right now due to conflict)
Christian Traditions
Algebra II
Spanish 3
Myth, Tale, and Legends
AP American History
AP Chemistry

Semester 2:
Algebra II
Women in the Bible
20th Century American Literature
AP American History
Spanish 3
Latin 1
AP Chemistry

The conflict in between AP Chemistry and Latin 1.

XOXO
Anna

2 comments:

  1. I'm not really familiar with American schedules, but I'm assuming the two classes are at the same time? Latin is a great language - I've actually started learning it, before I even got started with English, but if in doubt, staying in AP Chem might be a more practical choice. Latin is a nice add to one's education, but I don't feel that it has helped with English and French and you could still take it in college.
    By the way, I think it's good that you're mother wants to get involved in your high school schedule, but fundamentally you've got to be the person that is really interested in a subject. Some things may look great on college applications, but it's just not worth it if you're not interested. Speaking of personal experience here... just wondering: Which grade are you entering? And Myth, Tales and Legends sounds interesting - what exactly will you be studying there?
    Anyways, good luck with solving this problem. I'm sure you'll find a solution that will be satisfying for everybody. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melaine In reply to comment on my blog: I am going into 11th grade (or going to be a junior). I was planning on staying with AP Chem since that was my first choice and my mom just added in Latin for me because my sister has taken it for the past 2 years. Myth, Tales, and Legends is one of my English classes in which we read, analyze, and write out Myths, Tales, and Legends. I took it because most of the stories are short and I don't have time to read really long books with my schedule.

    ReplyDelete