Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lifeinmagazines Book Club

I usually hates the books we read in school. I usually try to to pick the english classes that I will enjoy like last semester I chose Myths, Tales, and Legends and I was SO excited for the class, however, the teacher totally ruined the class. Aside from the fact that her voice was mono-tone nothing she said was relevant to the book, just about the author and then gave us impossible tests. Plus, we only wrote ONE paper in the class all semester. THAT IS CRAZY! First of all, I usually could do bad on a test and make it up with a paper, but this semester we have wrote a paper on every book we read and Freshman year we wrote on every week. Sophomore was kinda iffy. 

This semester, I chose 20th Century American Literature, thinking if would be closer to modern day books. We have read 3 books so far and I have actually liked one! The would be The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien 



To be honest, we didn't have to read all the chapters, or short stories for class, so I haven't read ALL of the book for majority of it have read.

If I could recommend one story in the book, the one I found most interesting and most is the “Sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong”
. I may have totally butchered that Name but it is the only one like it...It is crazy!!!


XOXO
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment