Friday, August 16, 2013

Mothers know best

As almost everyone knows, I am panicky person. Well, this time is no exception. I AM FREAKING OUT. 
As almost everyone and everything says, college is so much different then being at home. I always thought it really wouldn't be that much of a change because I was used to being home alone and I didn't relay on my mom for much- usually just laundry. I always knew when I had to study and never had to be reminded to do homework. I always had my goals and stuck to them, I also tried really hard to be the perfect daughter, which was never achieved.  

So, as I put to close my first week of college, I started to realize that when I wasn't in my orientation group I hollowed out in my dorm room. I only went out when I was kind of- in a way that they didn't know- forced to go to things with my semi "friends". Normally, I am not the type of girl to go out and do a bunch of things. The only reason I had so many activities in high school was because my mom forced them upon me- which I am forever grateful for. Now, I have to kind of force myself to leave my humble abode ( #reasonsnottobringanxboxtocollege). 

Social obviously hasn't been a big thing in forever, but academic has. But, I don't even feel the need to go to academic preview sessions and what not. My reasoning is that I will psych myself out and make myself more stressed than I already am, which is a totally legit reason for me- it happens way to much. I'm kind of just planning to show up on the first day of class and go with the ideas and type of studying/time management that I know best. Is that actually the best idea, no. But, its kind of too late to change it, isn't it?   

Meanwhile, it doesn't help that my wireless router keeps going in an out of working, I can not for the living sake of me figure out how to set up my printer, my fridge and microwave have yet to be delivered even though we ordered it a week before I moved in, and my roommate is crazy. I have come to take a sanctuary in my tumblr and online shopping as always. 


I've said this prayer (the Prayer for Success) so many times junior and senior year and although I didn't think it would help and was just words- and even after that big test or paper- and I still did as poorly as i thought I did. Overall, I succeed- I go to a BIG TEN UNIVERSITY- which I keep having to tell myself, so I feel like it helped me. 

xoxo
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment