Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Women in Tech {in college}

Yes, I know I haven't posted in like a year. I could make an excuse but I won't because frankly I forgot and I kind of didn't want to blog anymore. But, I missed and I couldn't stay away. 

Yes, my posts are slightly different, I have grown, evolved. I have different interests now. However, fashion is still an interest of mine, I just kind of keep that more to Pinterest and Tumblr. I will try to still most some fashion things on here though because I know that's what you love.

Anyway, on to this post. If you didn't know, I am going to be a sophomore at Purdue University (#BOILERUP) and I am a Computer and Information Technology major focusing on Networking and Cyber Forensics and Security. Last year I was in a learning community, Women in Tech, so first semester we class and majority of the girls on my floor were in the College of Technology.



I'm not going to sit here and tell you how horrible it is to be a women in tech and how you are going to be singled out or everyone is going to this you are stupid or weak. I have been through those situations but not enough to make me feel insecure, it's more like "Wow, college boys are stupid". However, women in tech seem to be a very close knit community which is amazing!

Now, #confessiontime I am addicted to Linkedin. I know that's random and unexpected but it's true. 

I found a few good articles about women in tech or women in business on there recently so I thought I would share. There are also some great Ted Talks, check my Pinterest " G O A L S" page those for those.

Girls Compete With Each Other, Women Empower One Another.


xoxo
Anna

1 comment: